on Monday, July 26, 2010

I've been trusted by my future room-mate with the delicious task of decorating our dorm. 
And now that I'm actually thinking about it,
my original plan doesn't seem quite right...
I had wanted to do some sort of mustard-yellow with a nice, thick grey,
but now that just seems really sombre and a bit too trendy to actually be comfortable.
Then mom reminded me of my old dream of having a chalkboard wall,
and then I remembered of my plot to paint vintage picture frames a deep, azure blue and hang them on said chalkboard wall.
I'm totally sticking to that, because chalkboard=chalk notes, and an awesome cool chalkboard wall=awesome cool chalkboard wall full of awesome chalk notes. That just seems like too much awesome to give up. 
Of course, ours will look much cleaner. This is the aftermath of a babysitting session.

So anyway, I'm scouring design blogs for inspiration,
or, rather a funneling of inspiration because I have too much in my head for one room!
I'll probably be asking you all for input....
and if you have any suggestions or pictures I'd love, please send them!


love, rudi

4 Comments

  1. You can do one or more colors of chalkboard paint . . .

    http://www.hudsonpaint.com/

    http://www.marthastewart.com/article/make-custom-color-chalkboard-paint

    OR my personal preference being colorful markers and less scrapey noises and dust: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202041135&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=202041135&ci_src=14110944&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D24X-_-202041135&locStoreNum=3625&marketID=45

    Have fun!
    Aunt Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the empty picture frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you visit Shari at Little Blue Deer. If not, I suggest you do. She posts loads of pictures of great interior design ideas, which just might inspire you!

    http://littlebluedeer.blogspot.com/

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, Rudi, I finished White Oleander! It was a really wonderful book. It was so real and touching. Thank you very much for recommending it to me - I'm so glad that you did!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete