Porvoo

on Wednesday, June 10, 2009

not much time, and way too much to say

We visited an old town today, about 45 minutes away, and I was so delighted of what I saw.

This will have to be very brief, though, because I do nöt want to waste away on the computer!

But...look where I went today.


Porvoo, one of Finland's Old Towns.



This is some Runeberg cake, a Finnish holiday cake. They only eat it in February, but this cafe has it all the time because it originated in Povoo.
It's a writer's wife's recipe, and it tastes like a super sweet cornbread with almond paste and,
of course, jam.




Esa, my host dad. He has a really nice accent.


The coolest church decoration I've ever seen...

Mona met a 70s rockstar- I'll find a 'wideow' later.



not much time, and way too much to say

We visited an old town today, about 45 minutes away, and I was so delighted of what I saw.

This will have to be very brief, though, because I don nöt want to waste away on the computer!


So, just another nice day in Suomi...


love, rudi

Leave a Reply