Durham, My Love

on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mom, Sadie, and I have been spending our first few days in Durham exploring and getting used to this amazing new town. I love it here! There are so many great restaurants that focus on being healthy and use local food. At the grocery we get our milk, eggs, and bread from local farms and bakeries, and there's a festival we're trying to get tickets to entirely based around locally grown cuisine. This might be pretty normal for bigger cities, so I may sound silly to some of you, but after growing up in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere for the past ten years it's such a luxury to be able to have choices like this.

This whole town is full of gorgeous little shops and wonderful restaurants, adorable people who always seem to have something interesting to say- I'm not exaggerating, this town might be my soulmate.



 My mom with some Carolina Crunch- homemade ice cream from the 
same local cows we get our milk from! There was a clown making balloon animals for all the kids there, too. We all really got a kick out of that.





The best meal I've had in a long, long time at Parker and Otis. I don't even like tomato soup, but I scooped up all of Sadie's leftovers.

 This is our new backyard, and you can see one of our new cats in the distance there. I made waffles this morning and Sadie decided to eat hers outside.


I'll show you all our new house when we get another sunny day. I truly love rainy weather, but it's not the best for photos sometimes.

love, rudi

Leave a Reply